The monks began the “O Antiphons” yesterday evening at Vespers. The O Antiphons are ancient liturgical texts used at Evening Prayer of the last seven days of Advent. Each of them is a name of Christ, one of his attributes mentioned in Scripture.
- December 17: O Sapientia (O Wisdom)
- December 18: O Adonai (O Lord)
- December 19: O Radix Jesse (O Root of Jesse)
- December 20: O Clavis David (O Key of David)
- December 21: O Oriens (O Dayspring)
- December 22: O Rex Gentium (O King of the Nations)
- December 23: O Emmanuel (O God is with us)
During Vespers on December 17, we sang “O Wisdom.”
Click below to watch a video of the O Antiphon, which was filmed yesterday.
This afternoon we had our annual employee Christmas Luncheon. As usual, it was a joyful gather of monks and employees to celebrate the holiday cheer. We also recognized our employees who are retiring or celebrating milestones in their work career, including 20, 30, 35, and 40 years! We are bless to have so many wonderful people working with us.